This Station was established in 1903 under the name of “Kaohsiung State Agricultural Experiment Station”. In 1960, it was given the name of “Kaohsiung District Agricultural Improvement Station”, under the supervision of the Department of Agriculture and Forestry, Taiwan Provincial Government. In 1999, it was renamed as “Kaohsiung District Agricultural Research and Extension Station”, affiliated to the Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan. Originally this Station was located in Pingtung City, but owing to urbanization of the surroundings, the Station was moved to Changzhi Township, Pingtung County in November 2006.
Building of the history museum in our previous Station in Pingtung City
Current Station in Changzhi Township